The Pakistan pesticides market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of XX% during 2016-2021 period. The market value estimated during 2015 was USD 350.23 million and it is expected that the value will reach to USD XX million by 2021.
In Pakistan, the agrochemicals industry has been witnessing a relatively steady to high growth, which has been primarily attributed to advancements in the pesticides and fertilizer industries. Nearly 71% of the Pakistan pesticides market is import dependent and country annually imports approximately 80,000 tons of pesticides. In 2013, Pakistan imported pesticides of worth USD 215 million and the value is expected to increase to USD XX million by 2021, due implementation of agriculture development plans in the country.
Specific major drivers for the agrochemicals industry outlined in this report include growing food demand, low agricultural productivity, increase in disposable Income and implementation of agriculture development plan by Govt. of Pakistan. On the negative side, restraints limiting market growth include high prices of pesticides and increase in area under Bt cotton, the highest insecticide consuming crop of the country.
By segment, biopesticides are likely to witness the faster growth in comparison to the synthetic chemicals in Pakistan, the biopesticide segment will witness the double digit growth during 2016-2021. By product type, insecticides are the largest crop protection chemicals segment in the region, followed by fungicides and herbicides. Segmentation of this report has included categorizing pesticides as synthetic and biopesticides. By application area, pesticides demand has been analyzed in terms of crop-based (including grains & cereals, oilseeds and fruits & vegetables) and non-crop-based (including turf & ornamental grass and other non-crop-based applications).
The leading companies in Pakistan include Bayer Crop Sciences, Syngenta Pakistan Ltd., Arysta LifeSciences, FMC United Pvt. Ltd., National Insecticide Company Ltd., Welcare Chemical Corporation, Ali Akbar Group, Four Brothers Chemicals (Pvt) LTD among others. The top 5 companies accounts for more than 75% of the Pakistan market share. Due to immense competition and introduction of generic pesticides by local companies, two multinationals, Dow Agro Sciences and DuPont, have had to wind up their operations in Pakistan and are now operating through distributors in the country. BASF has also took the route of handing their products through distributors.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Pakistan Pesticides Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Pakistan Pesticides Market.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major regions in country where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.