“Seeds market projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2017 to 2022”
The market is driven by factors such as necessity to increase food production, increasing acceptance and area under cultivation of GM crops, improvement in Seed Replacement Rate (SRR), and change in science and technology advancements.
Diminishing increase in growth of biofuel production and expected maturity in population growth rates and resultant impact on food demand are the restraining factors for seeds product manufacturers and service providers.
“GM seeds accounted for the largest market share in 2016.”
The GM seeds segment is projected to grow with the highest CAGR from 2017 to 2022. The demand for GM seeds is increasing due to their resistance to insects, pests, and diseases, and high yielding property. These seeds are environment-friendly, as they do not involve other chemicals.
Due to its high yielding capability, these seeds are grown substantially in less arable lands. Some of the European countries, such as Germany, France, Scotland, Italy, Austria, Greece, Poland, and Belgium, have banned the use of GM crops.
“Insecticide resistant segment projected to lead the market by 2022.”
Insecticide-resistance is a genetic decline in a pest inhabitant’s exposure to a pesticide, the inheritances are transferred from one generation to other generation.
Crops that have been genetically engineered for Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) resistance could significantly lower production costs and grant farmers with new insect control ways within the upcoming years.
The success of commercialization depends on several factors, including patent issues, regulatory climate, and the capability of scientists to deal with targeted insects.
“Asia-Pacific market projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2017 and 2022.”
Being the world’s largest as well as most populous continent, the Asia-Pacific region is one of the key markets for the seed coating industry.
Some of the main reasons for this extraordinary growth are continuous increase in the population and the support from governments as well as national and international associations to increase the agricultural production of oil, grains, fruits, and vegetables to meet the need for food products in the region.
China, India, Japan, and Australia are the key seed markets in this region and are expected to grow rapidly in the near future.
The breakdown of primaries on the basis of company, designation, and region, conducted during the research study is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 20%, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 35%
- By Designation: Director Level – 22%, C Level – 28%, and Others – 50%
- By Region: North America – 18%, Europe – 25%, Asia-Pacific – 45%, and RoW – 12%
Key players are as follows:
- Bayer CropScience AG (Germany)
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (U.S.)
- Monsanto Company (U.S.)
- Syngenta AG (Switzerland)
- The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.)
These companies collectively accounted for the largest portion of the seeds market in 2016.
Other players with a strong presence in this market are as follows:
- KWS SAAT SA (Germany)
- Groupe Limagrain (France)
- Sakata Seed Corporation (Japan)
- Rallis India Limited (India)
- Land O’Lakes, Inc. (U.S.)
This research report categorizes the seeds market based on type, crop type, seed treatment, trait, and region. Based on type, the market has been segmented into conventional seeds and GM seeds. Based on crop type, the market has been segmented into cereals & grains, fruits & vegetables, oilseeds, and others.
Based on trait, the market has been segmented into herbicide-tolerant, insecticide resistant, and other stacked seeds. In terms of seed treatment, the market has been segmented into treated and non-treated. Regional segmentation of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and RoW (Rest of the World).
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses-industry analysis (industry trends), and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape - emerging and high-growth segments of the global seeds market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on seeds products offered by top players in the global market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming seeds techniques, research & development activities, and new product launches in the seeds market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the global seeds market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market share, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the global seeds market