The greatest prospects for seed treatment lie in maximizing the plant’s generic potential through bespoke solutions, which need a combination of crop protection, innovation and crop solution techniques. Of these, the first encompasses conventional techniques of foliar and seed disinfection, the second involves existing techniques for enhancing seed vitality through innovative application technologies and the third covers crop management through using innovative technology for genetics/traits. The global chemical seed treatment market was worth around $3.9 billion in 2015 and is expected to cross $6 billion by 2020 growing at the CAGR of 8.8% during the forecast period 2015-2020.
The market for seed treatment gains in significance due to a number of factors like rise in seed cost, volatility in weather along with price and greater use of multicomponent products are driving the seed treatment market. Greater pressure from regulatory requirements is one of the major factor attributed to drive the market. Primary requirements of seed treatment include capability of offering good protection during the germination period, supporting early plant development and enhancing stress tolerance at an early stage. These can be achieved by improving the quality of seed treatment products that offer ease of application at low rates.
The factors affecting the market are imbalance between the cost & effectiveness, concern for environment and limited shelf life. Due to awareness of health benefits, the biological seed treatments are creating an opportunity for seed treatment market. Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market during forecast period.
The global market for seed treatment comprises chemical agents, including insecticides, fungicides and other chemicals, of which chemical agents form the most dominant application segment.Worldwide, chemical agents dominate the market for seed treatments, cornering an estimated share of 93.8% in 2015, with demand for the same projected to reach US$6 billion by 2020 at a CAGR of 8.8% between 2015 and 2020. Within this application category, insecticides constitute the largest sub-category, with an estimated 2015 share of 54% of chemical seed treatment demand. However, fungicide seed treatments are slated to witness the fastest CAGR of 9.5% during 2015-2020 in reaching a projected demand of US$2.2 billion by 2020.
By region, North America dominates the global seed treatment market, with a share estimated to be 48.2% in 2015, though Asia-Pacific’s demand for these compounds is likely to emerge as the fastest growing with a compounded annual rate of 10.6% during 2015-2020.
Corn/maize is the most widely crop seed to be treated with these compounds, accounting for an estimated share of 31% in 2015. In terms of growth, however, the market for seed treatment for soybeans is likely to be the fastest in compounding annually at 9.5% between 2015 and 2020.
Syngenta, Bayer CropScience and BASF are the top three players in the global seed treatment market, with all of them having an extensive portfolio of agricultural products and solutions. While BioWorks Inc, Advanced Biological Marketing Inc and Valent USA Corp are comparatively smaller players, they offer the potential of becoming big game changers in the area of seed treatment in future. Each company has adopted an individual approach in terms of strategy for future growth. A few have focused on horizontal growth by expanding their presence in emerging markets that offer greatest scope for future prospects, while yet others have been content to operate within their established boundaries and go in for vertical growth by concentrating on innovations in the area of products and solutions.
In this report we offer,
• Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
• Market analysis for the Global Chemical Seed Treatment Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
• Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
• Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Global Chemical Seed Treatment Market on both global and regional scale.
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
• For getting a comprehensive overview of the worldwide Chemical Seed Treatment Market
• To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
• To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
contact us for detailed individual "xxx country/region Chemical Seed Treatment Market Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2015-2020)".