Global Seed Treatment: Market Analysis and Opportunities
Jun 16 2014
Kline has a long track record of providing world-class servi...
Regional Coverage: North America, Europe and Africa, South America, Asia-Pacific
Global Seed Treatment: Market Analysis and Opportunities is a detailed analysis of and outlook for one of the most dynamic sectors in all of crop protection.
A number of converging trends make this the right time for this overview:
- As commodity prices remain high for growers around the world, it makes even more sense for growers to invest in protecting their crops.
- As biotechnology advancements have increased the value of some field crop seed by introducing new traits, growers have demanded better protection of that seed to maximize their return on investment.
- At the same time, new active ingredients have been introduced that present new opportunities for seed protection.
This report will focus on the application of fungicides, insecticdes, and nematicides including all biopesticides that may be applied as a way of protecting the seed and seedlings. Enhancement products such as polymers and colorants will also be covered. It will review the most common seedling diseases, insects, and nematodes for the crops being studied. The report will also address cultural practices and non-chemical control methods, and then focus on the technologies and products used to treat seed prior to planting.
Most of the report will focus on off-farm treatment, but in cases where on-farm treatment is important, these treatments will be covered as well.
Crops covered in the report are:
- Sugar beets
- Canola/oilseed rape
The report will serve as an excellent reference for developing and executing marketing plans. It will provide:
- Estimates of market sizes and outlook for key seed treatment crops in 19 countries
- A highly reliable and independent assessment of the competitive positions of the major seed treatment suppliers in terms of product sales and market share
- Management-level insights into the reasons for treatment, the key insects and diseases being treated, and the leading products in each segment
- For marketers interested in increasing their penetration into seed treatment, we will provide an assessment of strengths and weaknesses for current products and a tabulation of unmet needs provided by our respondents
- For product developers, we will provide an overview of the cultural practices used by growers to produce their crops, the role of seed treatment, and opportunities to establish or increase market penetration
You might also like