Fertilizers Market – Indonesia Industry Growth, Trends and Forecast (2017 – 2022)
Dec 25 2017
We are the all-seeing eye that keeps a constant watch over v...
Fertilizers are one of the major inputs, which help in increasing the yields of the crops. Fertilizers consumption rate in Indonesia has been increased over the last decade. Growing population and limited agricultural land have accelerated the demand for agricultural land and proper utilization of fertilizers, to increase crop yields. In 2016, the Indonesian fertilizers market was valued at USD 2100.30.
The Indonesian fertilizers industry is one of the largest agrochemicals sector in Indonesia and is growing at a faster pace. Increased number of subsidies is one of the major factors driving the fertilizers industry.
Dual pricing system of fertilizers is one of the major restraints to the fertilizers market. A large number of companies are exporting and selling subsidized fertilizers at higher prices, along with high-production cost are other factors restraining the fertilizers market.
The Indonesian fertilizers market is segmented on the basis of product type and application.
By product type, the market has been segmented into nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, micronutrient fertilizers, and ‘others’. The nitrogen fertilizers segment accounts for the largest market share, with the urea sub-segment holding the maximum share.
By application, the crop-based fertilizers segment holds the largest market share, with grains & cereals sub-segment occupying the major market share. Fertilizers are majorly used on rice crops and fertilizers; moreover, the use on rice crop occupies the major market share.
Major Companies in the Sector Include:
- Yara International
- PT Pupuk Sriwijaya
- Stefes GMBH
- Indorama Corporation
Recent Industry Insights
In 2016, PT Pupuk Sriwijaya launched a new NPK slow release fertilizer into the market.
In February 2016, PT Pupuk Sriwijaya commenced operation of new NPK fertilizer plant, with an installed capacity of 100,000 ton per year”
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Analysis for the Indonesia fertilizers market, with competition analysis
- Market overview and identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors, which affect the Indonesian fertilizers market
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section, with profiles of major companies and their market share, along with an analysis of their current strategic interests and financial information and strategies adopted by them, to sustain and grow in the studied market.
The Report Holds Importance for the Following Stakeholders-
- Producers and manufacturers
- Agricultural input companies
- Enterprises operating in the industry
- Traders and stakeholders operating in the sector
- Investors/research institutions interested in the market
You might also like