Pesticides constitute the largest category within the market for crop protection chemicals, with Biopesticides accounting for a comparatively minute share. However, growing environmental concerns regarding the use of synthetic pesticides that are primarily produced using petrochemical or inorganic raw materials have resulted in increasing demand for eco-friendly Biopesticides. The global volume market for pesticides is projected to reach 3.4 million tons by 2020 from 2.3 million tons in 2014, with a CAGR for volume growth being 6.2% between 2015 and 2020. The global value market for pesticides stood at US$54.8 billion in 2014 and is projected to reach US$81.8 billion by 2020, expected to register a CAGR of 6.95% between 2015 and 2020.
Factors driving the markets for pesticides include decreasing arable land, increasing population and the requirement of improving crop yields. On the other hand, regulatory authorities such as EPA (Environment Protection Agency) frequently come up with stringent laws related to curbing pesticide use for alleviating environmental damage and increasing consumer awareness about pesticide consumption, which is expected to be instrumental in slowing down growth in demand for synthetic pesticides.
In addition, several highly toxic pesticides have either been banned or are in the process of being phased out, thereby opening new avenues for growth in demand for Biopesticides. For instance, chemicals such as glyphosate (herbicide), atrazine (herbicide) and chlorpyrifos (insecticide), to name a few, remain under constant reviews and can be either gradually phased out or even banned if more eco-friendly options are made available. Being organic, free of chemical residues and eco-friendly products, Biopesticides have been witnessing faster growth in demand compared to their synthetic counterparts.
Governments in several countries have come up with initiatives aimed at promoting the development and use of Biopesticides because of their low toxicity, greater safety and higher effectiveness in controlling pests. However, growth in the market has also been hampered due to the entrenched pesticides market, low per capita usage of pesticides in several regions, shrinking farm lands, and burgeoning research and development costs.
Synthetic Pesticides covered in this report are classified into Herbicides, Insecticides, Fungicides and Other Synthetic Pesticides, while categories of Biopesticides include Bioherbicides, Bioinsecticides, Biofungicides and Other Biopesticides. The report also analyzes the global market for Pesticides by application area, including Crop-Based Applications (Grains & Cereals, Oilseeds and Fruits & Vegetables) and Non-Crop-Based Applications (Turf & Ornamental Grass and Other Applications). Synthetic pesticides dominate the global scenario in terms of volume consumption and value demand, though Biopesticides are slated to register faster growth in both these parameters over the 2014-2020 analysis period. By application area, crop-based end-uses of pesticides are likely to maintain the fastest growth in terms of volume consumed and value demand during the similar period, and retain the leading raking in terms of largest application area.
Despite being the largest market for Pesticides, demand growth in North America is likely to be the slowest, while Asia-Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing market. Asia-Pacific is forecast to be the fastest growing, with a 2015-2020 volume CAGR of 7.9%. US, China, Japan and Taiwan have the highest per capita (Kg/ha) usage of pesticides when compared to low consumption in countries like India, Greece among others. However, the need for food security and better reforms will drive the market in these countries.
Major companies covered in the report include American Vanguard, Arysta LifeScience, BASF SE, Bayer CropScience, BioWorks, Cheminova, Chemtura Corp, Chr Hansen, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont, FMC Corp, Isagro SpA, Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Makhteshim Agan, Marrone Bio Innovations, Monsanto, Natural Industries, Novozymes A/S, Nufarm Ltd, Sumitomo Chemical, Syngenta AG and Valent Biosciences. The key strategies used by companies in this market are new product registrations, acquisitions to enter new markets. The focus in this industry should be on Integrated pest management techniques and sustainable practices for an improved yield without harming the environment.
In this report we offer,
1. Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the Global Crop protection chemicals (Pesticides) market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising opportunities and global consumer trends.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Global Crop protection chemicals (Pesticides) market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
1. For getting a comprehensive overview of the Global Crop protection chemicals (Pesticides) market.
2. To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3. To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
contact us for detailed individual "xxx country/region crop protection Pesticides Market - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2015-2020) ".