Genetically Modified Foods: Technologies and Global Markets
Feb. 20 2017
Language: Email send failed
BCC Research brings technology and business analysts togethe...
The "Genetically Modified Foods: Technologies and Global Markets" report provides an in-depth, state-of-the-industry analysis of the current market and forecasts what it will look like in five years.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global markets for genetically modified foods
- Discussions of controversies, benefits, risks and consumer perceptions
- A look at the regulatory framework and its effect on the market
- Analyses of global market trends, with data for 2014, and 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020
- Evaluations of market size, plantings and yields, seed prices, and trends and developments for field and specialty crops
- Examination of key industry strategies and market influences
- Identification of regional market sizes and trends
- Analysis of relevant patents
- Profiles of major players in the industry
Study Goals and Objectives
The objectives of the market research report are as follows:
1) identify current and anticipated types of genetically modified foods
2) quantify their global production volumes and values
3) track economic indicators
4) examine technological advances, bioethics, the international regulatory environment and other influential industry factors
5) pinpoint specific conditions that can promote or impede the development of and the demand for the foods.
- The global production of genetically modified field and specialty crops will grow from nearly 108.0 million tons in 2015 to 121.6 million tons by 2020 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4% for the period of 2015-2020.
- GM field crops are the major segment of overall GM crop production and should grow from 107.4 million tons in 2015 to 120.6 million tons by 2020 with a CAGR of 2.3%.
- GM specialty crops production will also increase from 0.55 million tons in 2015 to 1.0 million tons by 2020 with a CAGR of 12.7%.
Reasons for doing the study:
The global market for genetically modified (GM) foods is rapidly expanding, despite the controversies over their safety. Therefore, adoption of GM crops has broadened internationally, and manufacturers are incorporating GM ingredients into processed foods more frequently. Technological advances are also changing the landscape for the GM foods industry, which must comply with stringent, multi-dimensional government regulations and industry standards.
Scope of the report:
The scope of the "Genetically Modified Foods: Technologies and Global Markets" report provides an in-depth coverage of GM crops for human consumption. Excluded from the report are GM crops used for forage, animal feeds, biofuels, industrial applications, pharmaceuticals and nutritional supplements. Laboratory-derived GM chemical additives (amino acids, enzymes, vitamins, etc.) are also excluded.
The report is intended for people with an interest in understanding the GM foods industry and its ramifications for future growth and development. Interested parties include senior marketing personnel, executives and strategic planners, managers, entrepreneurs, investors, traders, academic researchers, seed suppliers and food growers, processors and manufacturers. The comprehensive strategic analysis will assist them in becoming more cognizant of how market pressures and technology interact and of the many variables involved in this complex industry.
You might also like