The report titled "India Seed Coating Market Outlook to 2021 - Surge in Seed Production and Demand for Polymer Coatings to Shape Future" provides a comprehensive analysis of seed coating market in India. The report focuses on overall market size for sale of seed coating materials. These include revenue from domestic sale in seed coating polymers, colorants, dyes and other coating materials. Overall market was also estimated based on volume sales. Market is segmented based on type of seed coating materials and by type of crops. Segmentation is also done on the basis of cropping seasons. The report also covers the competitive landscape of major players in India seed coating market and import scenario. The report concludes with market projections for future and analyst recommendation highlighting the major opportunities and cautions.
The sector has been witnessing significant growth in recent years, supported by several drivers such as the growing production of seeds, expanding seed portfolio and growing threat from weather. The industry is represented by major international and local players such as Incotec, Littles Oriental Balm and Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Centor India, Mahendra Overseas, Sampatti Industries and others. The market for seed coating was evaluated at INR ~ million during FY'2016, grown at a CAGR of ~% during FY'2011-FY'2016.
Seed coating industry of India is largely concentrated among a few players. Major seed manufacturers like Nuziveedu Seeds, Ajeet Seeds, Ankur Seeds, Syngenta, Monsanto, DuPont Pioneer, Mahyco and others are purchasing bulk of seed coating polymers from players like Incotec, Littles Oriental Balm and Pharmaceutical Ltd. However, smaller players like Mahendra Overseas and Sampatti Industries and Suboneyo Chemicals are also emerging in the market by supplying large quantities of materials to small/medium sized companies in the country.
Polymers/Polymer Colorants have dominated the seed coating materials market of India during FY'2016. Polymer coating is an integral part of the seed industry in India. Majority of seed manufacturers are suing polymer coating in their seeds. Polymer coating seeds offer the benefits of safe handling by the workers, farmers and dealers. They make sure seed treatments such as pesticides, fungicide and nutrients are firmly held on the seed and therefore, maximize the productivity of the seed and seedling active ingredients. All the major seed manufacturers in India apply polymer coatings on major commercial seeds such as cotton, maize, paddy, hybrid vegetables and many others as it has several benefits.
In terms of crops, Cotton has accounted for the ~ revenue share in the seed coating market of India during FY'2016. In cotton seed, yield and germination capabilities deterioration takes place rapidly under ambient storage conditions. Film coating techniques have paved the way for control of seed decay during storage. Large number of seed manufacturers in the industry prefers coating seeds with polymers and other materials. Majority of cotton seeds are coated ~ color in India.
The domestic market for seed coating materials is a B2B market where the supplier is directly in contact with the consumer as there are no middlemen involved. There are a total of 10-15 players operating in the space.
The future of the Indian seed industry is expected to be favorable on account of impelling demand due to increased subsidies and renewed government thrust on the use of high yielding varieties, thereby leading to an increased productivity in the seed market. Increasing production of seed will directly enhance the seed coating market in the country.
Furthermore, large numbers of farmers in India save a substantial portion of the seeds for upcoming seasons. This will further propel the seed coating market as polymer coatings and pelleting increase the storability of the seeds keeping the ability of seeds to germinate intact for a longer time.
Moreover, major players like Incotec, Centor India, Little's Oriental, Mahendra Overseas and others will expand the operations and new players will enter in the market. This will lead to increase in domestic supply of seed coating materials and share of imports is likely to fall over the period FY'2017-FY'2021. Pelleting sector, in particular will be witnessing major growth over the period FY'2016-FY'2021.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- Snapshot of India' agricultural Industry
- Global Commercial Seed industry Market size by Revenue
- Regional Perspective of Global Seed Industry
- Market Size of India Commercial Seed Industry by Revenue and by Production Volume
- List of Major players in India Seed Industry with their Market share and Parameters they consider before Selecting a Seed Coating Polymer Supplier
- India Seed Coating Market size by Revenue
- India Seed Coating Market Future Outlook and Projections
- Import Scenario in India Seed Coating Market
- India Seed Coating Market Segmentation by Type of Materials
- India Seed Coating Market Segmentation by Crop
- India Seed Coating Market Segmentation by Season
- India Seed Coating Market Segmentation by States
- Market Share of Major Players in India Seed Coating Market with their Strengths and Weaknesses
- Company Profiles Major Players in India Seed Coating Market with Focus on USP, Production Capacity, Revenue Split by Products and Others
- Seed Coating Process- How Seed Coating Polymer is Manufactured and Applied on Seeds
- Buying Decision Parameters in India Seed Coating Market
- Requirements and Project Cost for Setting up a Seed Coating Facility
- Trends and Developments in India Seed Coating Market
- Analyst Recommendation for a New entrant in India Seed Coating Market (Marketing Strategies, Type of Raw Materials to Use and others)