Dicamba Herbicide Market by Crop Type (Cereals & Grains, Oilseeds & Pulses, and Pastures & Forage Crops), Formulation (Acid and Salt), Physical Form (Dry and Liquid), & Time of Application (Pre- and Post-Emergence) - Global Forecast to 2022
Nov 21 2016
MarketsandMarkets™ provides quantified B2B research on...
The dicamba herbicide market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% to reach USD 521.2 Million by 2022. The market growth is driven by the rising need for food security for the growing population, advancement in farming practices and technologies and heavy crop loss due to weed problems. The market is further driven by factors such as increasing demand for herbicides along with increasing acceptance for Integrated Pest Management (IPM) by the farmers, and high opportunities in developing countries.
On the basis of crop type, the dicamba herbicide market is led by cereals & grains, followed by, oilseeds & pulses and pastures & forage crops. The oilseeds & pulses segment is projected to be the fastest-growing crop type in the dicamba herbicide market due to high demand for cereals, grains, and oilseeds by the growing population all over the world.
The liquid form of dicamba herbicide is majorly used all over the world as compared to the dry form, due to the convenience as well as the easy application of liquid dicamba herbicide.
The dicamba herbicides can be used in both pre- as well as post-emergence; however, it is mostly used in pre-emergence of harmful weeds. Pre-emergence herbicides are applied to crops prior to weed seed germination. This group of herbicides controls weeds during the weed seed germination process but does not actually prevent weed seed germination. In contrast to pre-emergence herbicides, post-emergence herbicides controls only weeds that are emerged and actively growing at the time of treatment.
In 2015, in terms of volume North America accounted for the largest market share in the dicamba herbicide market, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. Increasing awareness about the benefits of dicamba herbicide among the cultivators and advancement in farming technology is leading to the growth of the market in this region. The dicamba herbicide market in the Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow with investments from several multinational manufacturers. Moreover, extensive R&D initiatives have been undertaken for exploring the new varieties of weeds and their effective control methods.
The stakeholders for the report includes:
- Herbicides manufacturers
- Herbicides raw material suppliers
- Herbicides products exporters & importers
- Pesticides manufacturers
“The study answers several questions for stakeholders, primarily which market segments to focus on in the next two to five years for prioritizing efforts and investments.”
Scope of the Report
- This study estimates the global market of dicamba herbicide, in terms of dollar value, till 2022.
- It offers a detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of this market with reference to the competitive landscape, and the preferred development strategies such as agreements, expansions, mergers, and acquisitions to gain a larger share in the market.
- It provides a comprehensive review of major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, winning imperatives, and key issues of the market.
- It covers various important aspects of the market. These include analysis of the value chain, competitive landscape, market dynamics, market estimates in terms of value, and future trends in the dicamba herbicide market.
The dicamba herbicide market has been segmented as follows:
On the basis of Crop Type:
- Cereals & grains
- Oilseeds & pulses
- Pastures & forage crops
- Others (which include sugarcane, tea, coffee, fruits & vegetables)
On the basis of Physical Form:
On the basis of Formulation:
On the basis of Time of Application:
On the basis of Region:
- North America
- RoW (which include Latin America, Africa, and others)
You might also like