The market is expected to reach USD 2.68 billion by 2022 from USD XX million in 2017, witnessing a double digit CAGR over the forecast period. Molluscs cause huge agricultural losses and have become a major agricultural threat. Damage caused by snails and slugs to crops varies considerably with the season and year. They are serious pests, especially for cereals such as wheat, barley, oats, rape oilseed, ornamental and vegetable plants. They feed both above and below the surface of the ground, on seeds, seedlings, and plants, damaging shoots, roots, leaves and flowers, therefore reducing plant stand and crop yield.
Molluscicides cannot be substituted by other insecticides and, therefore, forms a separate product market. Changes in the management of crops (such as minimum tillage, direct drilling, and high organic matter build up in the soil) have led to increased population densities of slugs and snails, further exacerbating this problem and resulting in more extensive and severe damage to crops. Current chemical methods for controlling slugs and snails are mostly based on metaldehyde, ferric phosphate, methiocarb or thiodicarb. Methiocarb and thiodicarb are carbamate compounds and are highly toxic to mammals. Since they are insecticides, their use in slug control can also harm beneficial insects present nearby. Metaldehyde and ferric phosphate are less toxic to beneficial organisms but are also less efficacious for gastropod control.
Metaldehyde based molluscicides account for XX% of the market. Available products can be applied as granules, sprays, dust or bait pellets. Applications are typically made to the ground around the plants or crops to be protected.
Based on the type, the market is segmented into metaldehyde, methiocarb, niclosamide and ferric phosphate etc. By application, the market has been segmented into grains and cereals, oilseeds, fruits and vegetables, ornamentals etc. The golden apple snail is considered a major problem of many and has become a major threat to rice fields in Asia-Pacific. If no control measure is taken, they can completely destroy 1 m2 of field overnight. This damage could lead to more than 50% yield loss.
Emerging economies with tropical climate in the Asia-Pacific region are likely to take the lead in adoption of molluscicides. However, South America will also show fast growth in the segment.
Key Industry Players
Major companies covered in the report include:
- Doff Portland Ltd.
- W. Neudorff GmbH KG
- Bayer CropScience Limited
- Westland Horticulture Ltd.
- Chiltern Farm Chemicals Ltd.
- Farmco Agritrading Ltd.
- Sipcam Ltd.
- The Scotts Company Ltd.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the global molluscicides market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global molluscicides market.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions which are still untapped.
Contact us to buy by region:firstname.lastname@example.org
Molluscicides Market – North America Industry Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
Europe Molluscicides Market - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2017- 2022)
Asia-Pacific Molluscicides Market - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2017 -2022)
South America Molluscicides Market - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2017 -2022)
Africa Molluscicides Market - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2017 -2022)