The sulfur fertilizers market was valued at USD 5.33 Billion in 2016, and is projected to reach 6.29 Billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 2.84% during the forecast period.
The years considered for the study are as follows:
- Base year – 2016
- Estimated year – 2017
- Projected year – 2022
- Forecast period – 2017 to 2022
The objectives of the report
- Determining and projecting the size of sulfur fertilizers market with respect to the type, formulation, application method, crop type, and regional markets, over the period ranging from 2017 to 2022.
- Identifying attractive opportunities in the market by determining the largest and fastest-growing segments across regions.
- Analyzing the demand-side factors on the basis of the following:
- Impact of macroeconomic and microeconomic factors on the market
- Shifts in demand patterns across different subsegments and regions
- Major regions were identified, along with countries contributing the maximum share
- Secondary research was conducted to find the value of sulfur fertilizers market for regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and RoW
- The key players have been identified through secondary sources such as the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), the International Fertilizer Association (IFA), the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and The Sulphur Institute (TSI) while their market share in respective regions has been determined through both, primary and secondary research. The research methodology includes the study of annual and financial reports of top market players, as well as interviews with industry experts (such as CEOs, VPs, directors, and marketing executives) for key insights (both quantitative and qualitative) for the sulfur fertilizers market.
The various contributors involved in the value chain of the sulfur fertilizers market include raw material suppliers, R&D institutes, sulfur fertilizers manufacturing companies such as Yara (Norway), The Mosaic Company (US), Israel Chemicals Limited (Israel), and Eurochem (Switzerland), and government bodies & regulatory associations such as the US Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The stakeholders for the report are as follows:
- Sulfur fertilizer manufacturers
- Fertilizer product traders, distributors, suppliers, and service providers
- Raw material suppliers and technology providers to manufacturers
- Associations and research organizations
- Agricultural institutes and universities
- Consumers, including farmers
- Government, legislative, and regulatory bodies
Scope of the Report:
This research report categorizes the sulfur fertilizers market based on type, formulation, application method, crop type, and region.
Based on Type, the market has been segmented as follows:
- Elemental sulfur
- Sulfates of micronutrients
- Others (ammonium thiosulfate and potassium thiosulfate)
Based on Formulation, the market has been segmented as follows:
Based on Application Method, the market has been segmented as follows:
- Seed row
- Others (post-harvest)
Based on Crop Type, the market has been segmented as follows:
- Conventional agriculture (cereals & grains, oilseeds & pulses, fruits & vegetables)
- Controlled environment agriculture (hydroponics, aeroponics, greenhouse, vertical farming, and aquaponics)
Based on Region, the market has been segmented as follows:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- RoW (the Middle East and Africa)