Paraquat, one of the most widely used herbicides in the world, was firstly launched in Britain in 1962 and introduced to China in 1978. But it is highly toxic, and studies have found that ingesting just 3 grams of it can cause failure of the liver, kidney and other organs, fibrosis of the lungs, and respiratory failure. There is no known antidote so far.
Since 1 July, 2016, all paraquat AS formulation products had been forbidden for sale or application in China. Also, the solicit opinions manuscript regarding the prohibition and limitation on the use of some pesticides, issued by the Ministry of Agriculture of the People's Republic of China (MOA) in May 2016, had revised paraquat's toxicity and reclassified it as extremely toxic, and field experiments and registration applications for paraquat are no longer to be accepted or approved.
Some authorities in the MOA are doubtful toward new formulations and have not approved new registrations yet. As of June 2017, the MOA has not issued any official policies on banning the use of non-AS paraquat formulations.
For your better understanding and decision making about the paraquat market in China, Market Research on Paraquat in China provides you the latest and key information of China’s paraquat market.
This intelligent report attaches importance to the following parts:
- supply of paraquat (capacity, output and key manufacturers) and demand by volume & value in China in 2012–Q1 2017;
- detailed study of paraquat's upstream industry (pyridine's supply, manufacturers, import, price, technology, etc.);
- production technology and production cost of paraquat;
- price of paraquat in 2012–Q1 2017 and export of paraquat TK and formulations in 2012–Q1 2017;
- forecast on paraquat's supply & demand in China in 2017–2021;
- key factors influencing development of paraquat in China.