In the past few years, SDHI fungicides have been developing fast. Eerily in 1969, the first SDHI fungicide named carboxin has entered the market, earlier than triazole fungicides and strobilurin fungicides. In 2003, boscalid has entered the market, which was the significant milestone of SDHI fungicides development. In 2005, its global market value was up to USD100 million, and in 2012 it reached USD300 million, this has attracted many pesticide manufacturers to pay attention on the research of SDHI fungicides.
In recent years, many MNCs have involved into the research and develop of SDHI fungicides. In 2010-2012, Bayer has launched three SDHI fungicides: bixafen, fluopyram and penflufen; Syngenta has launched two SDHI fungicides: isopyrazam and sedaxane; BASF has launched its third SDHI fungicide fluxapyroxad; Mitsui Chemicals has launched its first SDHI fungicide penthiopyrad. By the end of 2016, there are about 23 SDHI fungicides have entered the market or under develop.
In 2014, its global market value of SDHI fungicides has reached USD1.37 billion, with a CAGR of 27.2% during 2009-2014, accounting for 8.4% of global fungicides total. The top five SDHI fungicides by market value were boscalid, fluxapyroxad, bixafen, penflufen and sedaxane, with total market value of USD1.09 million, accounting for 79.4% of SDHI fungicides total.
As the biggest pesticide supplier globally, China has been playing an important role in the global SDHI fungicides market. China is the largest generic pesticides producer in the world, and it can produce 4 kinds of SDHI fungicides at present, named boscalid, thifluzamide, carboxin and flutolanil. In addition, some SDHI fungicides will be off patent in the next decade, such as fluxapyroxad, bixafen, penflufen, sedaxane, benzovindiflupyr, etc. China’s SDHI fungicides industry will have fast development in the next decade. Though triazole fungicides and strobilurin fungicides are the mainstream ones in China fungicide market, SDHI fungicides will lead the new trend in fungicide market. Compared with other fungicides, SDHI fungicides cost more, but they are more effective and have no resistance problem. More and more famers begin to recognize and accept this new kind of fungicides.
In order to fully understand the current industry market aspects of China’s SDHI fungicides industry and their future trend, WBISS carried out a special market research for China’s SDHI fungicides industry and published this report.
China SDHI fungicide Market Report 2017 Edition is a professional and trusted study on the current state of the Chinese SDHI fungicides industry. With more than 140 tables and figures, the report provides key statistics on the state of the industry and is a valuable source of guidance and direction for companies and individuals who are interested in the market. It helps them fully understand the current Chinese SDHI fungicides market and their future trend.
The report provides reliable data and analysis in the following aspects:
1. Registration of China SDHI fungicides by Feb. 2017, segment by product, formulation type and registrant.
2. Supply situation of China SDHI fungicides in 2012-2016, segment by product, region and producer, including detailed data about capacity and output, major producers and their production information in 2014-2016.
3. Qualitative analysis for China SDHI fungicides export in the recent three years, including export specifications, destinations and exporters.
4. Consumption situation of China SDHI fungicides in 2012-2016, segment by product and crop. The detail data include consumption volume and value.
5. Supply and demand forecast in 2017-2021, segment by product.
6. Detailed introduction of 3 typical SDHI fungicides products. For each SDHI fungicide, the information includes:
- Supply situation (total capacity and output), 2012-2016
- Major technical suppliers and their production, 2014-2016
- Potential projects introduction
- Price trends, 2016-Feb. 2017
- Qualitative analysis for export situation
- Consumption situation (volume and value), segment by formulation and crop, 2012-2016
- Supply and demand forecast in 2017-2021
7. Profile of 8 key SDHI fungicides players, including company introduction, major pesticides products in each company, company financial data, SDHI fungicides production information.