The report titled "Thailand Agricultural Machinery Market Outlook to 2020 - Changing Labour Force Pattern and Improving Credit Conditions to Foster Future Growth" provides a comprehensive analysis of the agricultural machinery market in Thailand. The report covers aspects such as the market size on the basis of sales volume and revenue for Tractors, Combine Harvesters, Rice Transplanters and Tractor Implements. The segmentation for Tractors, Combine Harvesters and Rice Transplanters has been created on the basis of Horsepower while the segmentation for Tractor Implements has been showcased by products. The report also covers the market share, competitive landscape and working business model of major manufacturers, along with warranty policies and distribution channels of agricultural equipments. In addition to this, the report also covers the country overview, government regulation and agricultural overview of Thailand. GDP, Per Capita Income and Population Demographics are analyzed in country overview. Land under cultivation, Changes in cropping patterns, farm holding structure and scale of mechanization are covered in agricultural overview. Regulatory policies, the import duty structure, certification and emission standard, subsidies and financing options are covered in government regulation. This report will help industry consultants, agricultural machinery manufacturers and dealers, retail chains, potential entrants and other stakeholders to align their market centric strategies according to the ongoing and expected trends in the future.
The revenues from the overall agriculture equipments market increased from USD ~ million in 2010 to USD ~ million in 2015, accounting for a CAGR of ~% during the same period. The contribution by the tractor market to the overall market stood at ~% in 2015. Harvesters and Rice Transplanters contributed ~% and ~% respectively, to the overall revenues of the agriculture equipment market. In addition to this, the tractor implements market contributed approximately ~ % to the overall agriculture equipment market. It has been estimated that the revenues from the agricultural equipment market will reach USD ~ by 2018 and USD ~ by 2020.
The revenue from the tractor market in Thailand increased from USD ~ million in 2010 to USD ~ million in 2015, achieving a CAGR of ~% during the same period. Tractors have been segmented on the basis of power and those that range from 14.5 to 47 hp were most preferred in Thailand, accounting for ~% of total tractor sales volume. Tractors below 14.5 hp, also known as power tillers, contributed ~% to overall tractor sales.
The market revenue for Rice Transplanters increased from USD ~ million in 2010 to USD ~ million in 2015, accounting for a CAGR of ~% from 2010-2015. Rice transplanters below 10 hp included 4 row and 6 row walking type and contributed around ~% to overall sales. Transplanters above 10hp include 6 row and 8 row riding type, contributed ~% to overall sales.
The market revenue from combine harvesters increased from USD ~ million in 2010 to USD ~ million in 2015, accounting for a CAGR of ~% during the same period. Combine harvesters of 70 hp accounted for ~% of total sales of combine harvesters. Harvesters of 70-105 hp and above 105 hp contributed ~% and ~% respectively to the overall sales of combine harvesters in Thailand.
The revenues from the tractor implement market augmented from USD ~ million in 2010 to USD ~ million in 2015, accounting for a CAGR of ~% during the same period. Majority of the tractors sales are accompanied with implements sales in Thailand. Therefore, the growth of the implements market is highly dependent on the sale of tractors in Thailand. In addition to this, a higher replacement demand for implements has caused farmers to procure them independently. The market for tractor implements has been segmented on the basis of major products. Rotavators contributed around ~% to overall sales of tractor implements. Disc ploughs and harrows contributed ~% and ~% respectively, to overall tractor implements sales.
Changes in labour force, improving credit environment, government support for agricultural mechanization and a strong replacement demand are expected to drive the growth of agricultural equipments in Thailand.
With respect to sales of agricultural tractors, Japanese manufacturer Siam Kubota had the market share of ~%, followed by Yanmar S.P. with ~% and Iseki with ~% in 2015. In the combine harvester market, Siam Kubota had a share of ~% of overall sales, Yanmar S.P. accounted for ~% of total combine harvester sales, while domestic manufacturers TAMCO and Kaset Phattana and Sakpattana contributed ~%, ~% and ~% respectively; to overall sales of combine harvesters. With respect to Rice Transplanters, Siam Kubota had the share in overall sales accounting to ~%. On the other hand, Yanmar S.P. accounted for ~% share in overall sales of rice transplanters.
Usage pattern of farm equipments play an essential role in understanding the intensity of farming that occurs in a given year. It has been estimated that tractors are used for ~ to ~ hours a year. On an average, the tractors used for agriculture in Thailand have a lifespan of ~ hours. Combine harvesters are used only during the harvest season due to which their average usage a year amounts to ~ to ~ hours. Rice can be planted and harvested a maximum of ~ times a year due to which the usage pattern for Rice Transplanters ranges from ~ to ~ hours a year.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The Gross Domestic Product on the Basis of Nominal and Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) in Thailand, 2010-2015, 2016, 2020 and 2015
- Key Factors Expected To Drive Growth in GDP
- Contribution to GDP of Thailand by Agriculture, Manufacturing and Service Sector, 2010-2020
- The Population Dynamics in Thailand on the Basis of Rural to Urban and Agriculture to Non-Agriculture, 2010-2020
- The GDP Per Capita on the Basis of Nominal and Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) in Thailand, 2010-2015, 2016, 2020 and 2015
- The Logistics Cost for Transporting a Tractor by distance in Thailand, 2015
- Total Land Under Cultivation and Distribution by Major Crops (Rice, Cassava, Rubber and Sugarcane)
- Changing Cropping Pattern in Thailand and Factors Driving Change
- Nature of Ownership, Farm Holding Structure and Regulatory Policies Impacting Farm Holding Structure in Thailand
- Agricultural Practice in Thailand on the basis of Scale of Mechanization, Extensive and Intensive and Irrigated Land
- Government Policy impacting the Agricultural Equipment Market in Thailand on the basis of Import Duty Structure, Subsidies, Taxes Certification and Emission Standards
- Thailand Agricultural Equipment Market Size on the Basis of Revenue in USD Million and Sales in Units, 2010-2015
- Thailand Agricultural Equipment Market Segmentation By Major Products on the Basis of Revenue in USD Million, 2010 and 2015
- Thailand Tractor Market Size on the Basis of Revenue in USD Million and Sales in Units, 2010-2015
- Thailand Tractor Market Segmentation by Power on the Basis of Sales Volume, 2010-2015
- Thailand Combine Harvester Market Size on the Basis of Revenue in USD Million and Sales in Units, 2010-2015
- Thailand Combine Harvester Market Segmentation by Power on the Basis of Sales Volume, 2010-2015
- Thailand Rice Transplanter Market Size on The basis of Revenue in USD Million , 2010-2015
- Thailand Rice Transplanter Market Segmentation by power on the Basis of Sales Volume, 2010 and 2015
- Thailand Tractor Implements Market Size on the Basis of Revenue in USD Million, 2010-2015
- Thailand Tractor Implements Market Segmentation By Major Products
- Market Share and competitive Landscape of Leading Manufacturers in Thailand Agricultural Equipment Market on the Basis of Sales Volume in Units, 2015
- Competitive Landscape of Major Manufacturers in Thailand Agricultural Equipment Market, 2015
- Price Range for Agricultural Equipments in Thailand - Dealer Price and Retail Customer Price, 2015
- Tractor and Tractor Implements Channel Strategies in Thailand
- After Sales Warranty and Support Policies for Agricultural Equipments in Thailand, 2015
- Export-Import of Agricultural Equipments in Thailand, 2010-2015
- Future Projections for Thailand Agricultural Equipment Market, 2018 and 2020
- Decision Making Process and Usage Pattern for Agricultural Equipments in Thailand, 2015