Crop Protection Chemicals Market by Type (Herbicides, Insecticides, and Fungicides), Origin (Synthetic, and Biopesticides), Crop Type (Cereals & Oilseeds, Fruits & Vegetables), Mode of Application, Form, and by Region - Global Forecasts to 2021
Aug 10 2016
MarketsandMarkets™ provides quantified B2B research on...
The crop protection chemicals market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.15% to reach USD 70.57 Billion by 2021. The market growth is driven by the rising need for food security for the growing population, advancement in farming practices and technologies and heavy crop loss due to pest infestations. The market is further driven by factors such as increasing demand for biopesticides along with increasing acceptance for Integrated Pest Management (IPM) by the farmers, and high opportunities in developing countries.
On the basis of type, the crop protection chemicals market is led by herbicides, followed by, insecticides and fungicides. Herbicides segment is also projected to be the fastest-growing type in the crop protection chemicals market due to high crop loss by harmful weeds and high effectiveness of herbicides to reduce the crop loss.
Crop protection chemicals are used on all the crop types, the ones considered in the study are cereals & oilseeds and fruits & vegetables. The market for cereals & grains is the highest and is also projected to be the fastest-growing market. It is mainly due to a high demand for cereals & oilseeds by the growing population all over the world.
On the basis of origin of crop protection chemicals, the market is led by synthetic crop protections chemicals, but biopesticides is projected to be the fastest-growing market due to the rising demand for biopesticides by the farmers, as they are less toxic and environment friendly.
Liquid form of crop protection chemicals is majorly used all over the world as compared to the solid form, due to the user-friendliness as well as the easy application of liquid crop protection chemicals.
The different modes of applications for crop protection chemicals are foliar spray, seed treatment, soil treatment and others, which include chemigation and fumigation. The foliar spray is highly used for applying crop protection chemicals but due to the rising demand for seeds treated with crop protection chemicals, the seed treatment mode of application is projected to be the fastest-growing market in the next few years.
In 2015, South America accounted for the largest market share in crop protection chemicals market, followed by Asia-Pacific and Europe. Brazil and Argentina constituted the largest country-level markets in the South American region in 2015. Increasing awareness about the benefits of crop protection chemicals among the cultivators and rising population is leading to the growth of the market in this region. The crop protection chemicals market in the Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow with investments from several multinational manufacturers. Moreover, extensive R&D initiatives have been undertaken for exploring the new varieties of crop protection chemicals to be used on different pest infestations and also used as an alternative to pest resistant crop protection chemicals.
Key players identified in the global crop protection chemicals market include BASF SE (Germany), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.), Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd. (Japan), and Syngenta AG (Switzerland). Most key participants have been exploring new regions through new product launches, collaborations, and acquisitions across the globe to avail a competitive advantage through combined synergies. Since 2011, the crop protection chemicals market has witnessed an increase in demand, especially in countries such as the U.S. Canada, Spain, U.K., India, and China,
The stakeholders for the report includes:
- Crop protection chemicals manufacturers
- Crop protection chemical raw material suppliers
- Crop protection chemical products exporters & importers
- Seed treatment manufacturers and suppliers
- Fertilizers manufacturers
“The study answers several questions for stakeholders, primarily which market segments to focus on in the next two to five years for prioritizing efforts and investments.”
Scope of the Report
- This study estimates the global market of crop protection chemicals, in terms of dollar value, till 2021
- It offers a detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of this market with reference to the competitive landscape, and the preferred development strategies such as agreements, expansions, mergers, and acquisitions to gain a larger share in the market
- It provides a comprehensive review of major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, winning imperatives, and key issues of the market
- It covers various important aspects of the market. These include analysis of the value chain, Porter’s Five Forces model, competitive landscape, market dynamics, market estimates in terms of value, and future trends in the crop protection chemicals market
The crop protection chemicals market has been segmented as follows:
On the basis of Origin:
On the basis of Type:
- Others (which include acaricides, nematicides, rodenticides, disinfectants, fumigants, mineral oils, and other crop protection chemicals such as sulfur, petroleum oils, and sulfuric acid)
On the basis of Crop Type:
- Cereals & oilseeds
- Fruits & vegetables
- Others (which include sugarcane, plantation crops, and turfs & ornamentals)
On the basis of Form:
On the basis of mode of Application:
- Foliar spray
- Seed treatment
- Soil treatment
- Others (which include chemigation and fumigation)
On the basis of Region:
- North America
- South America
- RoW (which include South Africa and others)
You might also like