The report titled “Russia Seed Industry Outlook to 2018 - Cost-Effective Non-Hybrid Seeds to Drive Market Growth” presents a comprehensive analysis seed market in Russia. The report covers various aspects such as market size of Russia seed industry by sales value and production volume, segmentation on the basis of hybrid and-non-hybrid seeds, by vegetable and non-vegetable seeds, by domestic and export seed markets and by formal and informal industry structure. The report is useful for seed manufacturers, suppliers and wholesalers, and new players venturing in the market.
Russia seed industry has been making constant efforts to evolve over the years by innovating and adopting scientific advancements for the development and production of quality seeds. The seed industry in the country which is contributed by joint stock companies, international companies and domestically owned private companies have showcased enumerable potential to cater to the demand for seeds among farmers, dealers and distributors. It has been observed that majority of the seeds supplied in the market are being controlled by domestic dealers, agents and distributors.
Russia seed industry, valued at USD ~ million in 2013, has showcased a moderate CAGR of 3.1% during the period 2008-2013. The increased production of sunflower, wheat, maize and other vegetables in the country has driven the growth of the market over the last few years. The government support to local seed producers and increasing focus on improving the seed quality have also driven the growth in the market in the recent years. The non hybrid seeds accounted for ~% of the total seed market in Russia in 2013 over ~% of the hybrid seeds. The total revenue generated by the sales of non hybrid seeds in Russia was worth USD ~ million in 2013 over USD ~ million in 2008, growing at a CAGR of ~% over the same period. The vegetable seed market in Russia is primarily held by Monsanto. The company held a share of ~% in the market in 2013. Syngenta is also a leading company in the vegetable seed market in Russia. It was the second largest company with a market share of ~% in 2013.
Demand for high quality seeds in Russia and international market have been increasing over the years. Russia has evolved into a major exporter of various vegetables and non vegetable seeds in the international market. The total revenue generated from exports of Russian seeds was recorded to be USD ~ million which accounted for ~% of the total Russia seed market revenue in 2013. The revenue from exports of Russian seeds witnessed a CAGR of ~% over the period of 2008 to 2013.
The future of Russia seed industry is expected to be favorable on account of impelling demand due to increased subsidies and increasing government efforts to promote the use of high yielding varieties and increasing investments for research and development of new varieties of crops. The industry is expected to face major challenges in terms of unpredictable weather which may affect the pest occurrences in the short term. Russian crops such as wheat, corn and sunflower are dependent on rainfall and adequate environmental conditions in order to have high yields thus, any delay or deficiency in the rainfall which could lead to droughts may create uncertainty in terms of demand. It is projected that the Russia seed industry would grow by ~% over the period 2013 to 2018 and will reach USD ~million in 2018 from USD ~ million in 2013.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- Overview of Global and Europe Seed Industry
- Introduction and Value Chain of Russia Seed Market
- Russia Seed Market Size by Revenue, Production Volume, 2008-2013
- Russia Seed Market Segmentation by Hybrid and Non-Hybrid Seeds, 2008-2013
- Russia Seed Market Segmentation by Vegetable and Non-Vegetable Seeds, 2008-2013
- Russia Seed Market Segmentation by Domestic and Export Markets, 2008-2013
- Russia Seed Market Segmentation by Formal and Informal Industry Structure, 2013
- Exports and Imports of Seeds in Russia, MY’2011-MY’2014
- Market Share of Major Players in Russia Vegetable Seed Market, 2013
- Competitive Landscape of Major Players in Russia Seed Market
- Trends and Developments in Russia Seed Market
- SWOT Analysis of Russia Seed Market
- Government Regulations in Russia Seed Market
- Future Outlook and Projections of Russia Seed Market 2014-2018
- Future Outlook and Projections of Russia Seed Market Segmentation by Hybrid and Non-Hybrid Seeds and by Vegetable and Non-Vegetable Seeds, 2014-2018
- Macroeconomic Factors of Russia Seed Market, 2008-2018