The report titled “Ukraine Seed Market Outlook to 2018 – Compelling Opportunities for Foreign Producers” presents a comprehensive analysis of the industry covering aspects including market size in terms of production volume and sales value. The report also entails a detailed analysis of the market segmentation by types of seeds such as winter and spring crop seeds, pre-basic, basic and certified seeds and vegetable and non-vegetable seeds on the basis of production volume and sales value. The report provides the company profiles of the major players operating in the seed sector in Ukraine along with market share of the major producers of sunflower, corn and rapeseed. The report also highlights the major trends and developments of the seed industry in Ukraine over the years. Future analysis of the industry along with its various market segments is provided on the basis of production volume as well as the sales value over the next five years.
The agriculture sector in Ukraine has been one of the primary sectors of the economy. It has been observed that the contribution of agriculture sector to the overall GDP of the country has increased rapidly from nearly 7.1% in 2008 to 9.1% in 2013. Out of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) which includes Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and few others, Ukraine has showcased a huge growth potential due to its rich natural resources (soil, climate and others) and a central geographical location. The seed market in Ukraine is highly competitive with the presence of large and small scale seed producers and marketers who are endowed with advanced technological capabilities. Seed production volume in Ukraine grew at a CAGR of about ~% during the period 2008-2013.
The winter crop seeds have dominated the Ukraine seed market in 2013 with about ~% share in the total production volume of seed in the country. The remaining share of ~% was held by the spring crop seeds been sown in Ukraine. The major winter crops which are produced in Ukraine include wheat, triticale (hybrid of wheat and rye), rye, barley and rapeseed. Winter wheat accounted for the largest share of ~% in the total production of winter crop seeds in Ukraine in 2013. The production volume of winter crop seeds is expected to incline to ~ thousand tons in 2018 from about ~ thousand tons in 2013. Amongst the spring crop seeds, barley accounted for the largest share of ~% in the total production of spring crop seeds in 2013 in Ukraine. In 2013, spring barley seeds had an estimated production volume of ~ thousand tons. The spring crop seed market is likely to grow at a nominal CAGR of ~% over the period 2013-2018.
The certified seeds accounted for a lion’s share of about ~% in the total production volume of seeds produced in the country in 2013. The basic seeds are the second largest category which contributed a marginal share of about ~% in the total production volume of seeds in Ukraine in 2013. The least share of ~% in the total production of seeds in Ukraine was accounted by the pre-basic seeds in 2013. The production volume of pre-basic seeds in 2008 was ~ thousand tons which decreased to 19.2 thousand tons in 2013. The certified seeds will capture a significant share of the Ukraine seed industry in the future with the market share inclining from ~% in 2013 to nearly ~% in 2018. It is expected that the Ukraine basic seed market will experience a downtrend during the next 5 years and will record a negative growth during 2013-2018. The pre-basic seed market will showcase a positive growth at a CAGR of ~% for the period 2013-2018.
The non-vegetable seeds have been accounting for the dominant share of ~% in the overall revenues of the Ukraine seed industry in 2013. The remaining share of ~% was held by the vegetable seed production in Ukraine. The non-vegetable seeds been produced in Ukraine mainly include all food crop seeds such as wheat, barley, millet, oats, corn, triticale and others. The vegetable seeds such as peas, tomato, potato and others have been accounting for a relatively lower sales value as compared to their counterparts. The share of vegetable seeds in the overall seed production in Ukraine declined severely from ~% in 2008 to ~% in 2013. The non-vegetable seed will continue to maintain its dominance in the overall revenues of the seed industry over the period 2013-2018. The vegetable seed market in revenue terms will incline rapidly from USD ~ million in 2013 to USD ~ million in 2018.
The Ukraine seed industry is estimated to register moderate CAGR of ~% for the period ~ -2018 with the demand for high-yielding varieties of crops and production of cheap, cost-saving GM seeds providing an impetus to the growth of the seed sector in the country.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Market Size of Ukraine Seed Industry, 2008-2013
- Market Segmentation of Ukraine Seed Market by Winter and Spring Crop Seeds, Pre-basic, Basic and Certified Seeds and Vegetable and Non-Vegetable Seeds, 2008-2013
- Market Size of Winter Crop Seed Market, 2008-2013
- Market Segmentation of Winter Crop Seed Market by Types of Seeds, 2008-2013
- Market Size of Spring Crop Seed Market, 2008-2013
- Market Segmentation of Spring Crop Seed Market by Types of Seeds, 2008-2013
- Market Size of Pre-Basic Seed Market, 2008-2013
- Market Segmentation of Pre-Basic Seed Market by Types of Seeds, 2008-2013
- Market Size of Basic Seed Market, 2008-2013
- Market Segmentation of Basic Seed Market by Types of Seeds, 2008-2013
- Market Size of Certified Seed Market, 2008-2013
- Market Segmentation of Certified Seed Market by Types of Seeds, 2008-2013
- Market Size of Vegetable Seed Market, 2008-2013
- Market Size of Non-Vegetable Seed Market, 2008-2013
- Profiles of Major Players in Ukraine Seed Market
- Government Regulations in Ukraine Seed Market
- Trends and Developments of Ukraine Seed Market
- Analyst Recommendations
- Future Outlook and Projections of Winter and Spring Crop Seeds, Pre-basic, Basic and Certified Seeds and Vegetable and Non-Vegetable Seeds Market in Ukraine, 2014-2018