Bio surfactants are microbial surface active agent, a product of biotechnology used in various industrial and medical applications. Increasing the demand for bio surfactants products is due to its biodegradability, low toxicity, bio compatibility, digestibility and excellent surface activity, effectiveness under extreme temperature and pH conditions. Solubilization, emulsification, dispersion, wetting, foaming and detergent capacity and antimicrobial activity are the major functions of bio surfactants. Bio surfactants are produced from cheap raw materials which are very easily available in large quantities, typically from the hydrocarbons, carbohydrates and lipids.
This report estimates the market size of the global Biosurfactants Market both in terms of volume and revenue. The market has been further segmented on the basis of types such as glycolipids, lipopeptides, phospholipids, polysaccharides, rhamnose lipidas and sophorolipidswell as by applications such as paint cosmetics, textile, agrochemical, and food, pharmaceutical. This segmentation is given for major regions and key countries in those regions. Market drivers, restraints and challenges, raw material and product price trends are discussed in detail. Market share by participants for the overall market is discussed in detail in the report.
Scope of the report
This research report categorizes the global market for bio surfactants on the basis of raw materials, types, applications and geography; forecasting volumes and revenue and analyzing trends in each of the following submarkets:
- Rhamnose lipid
- North America
- Asia Pacific
This report also includes leading manufacturers’ profiles such as Jeneil Biosurfactant Company (USA), AQUA-AID (USA), EcoFlora S.A.S (Colombia), Kemin Industries, Inc. (USA) and Henkel AG & Co. KGaA (Germany), Ecover(Belgium), Soliance(France), Saraya(Japan), MG Intobio (South Korea).
Key questions answered
- Which are the high-growth segments/cash cows and how is the market segmented in terms of applications and types?
- What are market estimates and forecasts; which markets are doing well and which are not?
- Where are the gaps and opportunities; what is driving the market?
- Which are the key playing fields? Which are the winning edge imperatives?
- How is the competitive outlook; who are the main players in each of the segments; what are the key selling products; what are their strategic directives, operational strengths and bio surfactants product pipelines? Who is doing what?