The seed market, in terms of value, is projected to reach around USD 113.28 Billion by 2022, at a CAGR of around 9.9% from 2017.
The seed market has been segmented on the basis of type, crop type, seed treatment, trait, and region.
The years considered for the study are as follows:
- Base year – 2015
- Projected year – 2022
- Forecast period – 2017 to 2022
The objectives of the study are as follows:
- To understand and analyze the market segmentation, such as type, crop type, seed treatment, and trait
- To understand the structure of the seed market by identifying its various subsegments
- To provide detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges)
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market share and core competencies
This report includes estimation of market sizes for value (USD million) and volume (million hectares). Both top-down and bottom-up approaches have been used to estimate and validate the size of the seed market and various other dependent submarkets in the overall market. Key players in the market have been identified through secondary research (The Business Journal, Digital Journal, and International Seeds) and their market share in their respective regions have been determined through primary and secondary research. All percentage shares, splits, and breakdowns have been determined using secondary sources and were verified through primary sources.
The seed market comprises manufacturers such as Bayer CropScience AG (Germany), E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (U.S.), Monsanto Company (U.S.), Syngenta AG (Switzerland), and The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.). Other manufacturers include KWS SAAT SA (Germany), Groupe Limagrain (France), Sakata Seed Corporation (Japan), Rallis India Limited (India), and Land O’Lakes, Inc. (U.S.), which sell seed products to end users to cater to their unique business requirements.
The stakeholders for the report include:
- Government and research organizations
- Associations and industrial bodies
- Traders, distributors, and retailers
- Agriculture & farming industry
- Seed manufacturers and suppliers
- Regulatory institutions
- Food safety agencies
- Pesticide traders/suppliers
- Agricultural institutes and universities
“The study answers several questions for stakeholders, primarily which market segments to focus on in the next two to five years for prioritizing efforts and investments.”
Scope of the Report:
This research report categorizes the seed market based on type, crop type, seed treatment, trait, and region.
Based on Type, the market has been segmented as follows:
- Conventional seed
- GM seed
Based on Crop Type, the market has been segmented as follows:
- Cereals & grains
- Fruits & vegetables
Based on Seed Treatment, the market has been segmented as follows:
Based on Region, the market has been segmented as follows:
- North America
- Latin America
- RoW (Rest of the World)