example to show the introduction of the reports:
The North America organophosphate pesticide market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period from 2016 to 2021. Organophosphate is the general name of esters of phosphoric acid. Organophosphate group of chemicals have many domestic and industrial uses, though they are most commonly used as insecticides.
Organophosphates were initially developed as highly toxic biological warfare agents in 1940s. These products have become one of the most widely used pesticide around the globe. The organophosphate substances work by blocking the enzyme acetylcholinesterase causing nervous and respiratory damages that result in the insects/pests death.
Factors like growing food demand and need for higher agricultural productivity coupled with high performance and availability of organophosphates against insects and pests have led a continuous market growth for the industry. Product development and sustainable farming options are identified as the opportunity segments for the industryâ€™s future growth. However, the toxicity of chemicals towards environment and stringent regulations from FDA leads to regulatory issues in the regions. High research and development costs and a girth of alternative options may act as obstacles for market growth.
The market is classified based on the active ingredients, crop types and geography. Depending on active ingredients, the market is classified into Parathion, Malathion, Chloropyriphos, Diazinon, Dimethoate, Glyphosate, Methamidophos and Other organophosphates. For various crops, organophosphate pesticides are used as they are classified into herbicide, insecticides, fungicides and other pesticides. The market is also segmented by their usage in crops like cereals and grains, oilseeds, fruits and vegetables etc. Non-crop utilization of organophospahtes in turfs, ornamentals and others is also studied. Market study indicated that Cereals and grains consumed the highest market in the use of insecticide products. This can be attributed to the food safety and wide variety of uses of cereals and grains.
The market is also segmented geographically into United States, Canada, Mexico and others. United States is the major market with more than half of the regional demand which is then followed by Canada. After the cessation of use of organochloride insecticides, organophosphate pesticides became the most commonly used Pesticides in the United States. Due to strong government control over the harmful effects of chemicals over humans and environment, the market would grow at a rather static pace.
Accounting for one-fourth of the North America pesticides market share, the segment attracts great deal of investments from agricultural inputs companies. The major companies in North America organophosphates pesticides market are DuPont, Cheminova AS, Syngenta, Bayer Cropscience AG, Yara International etc. All major companies are investing profoundly in new product development to keep up with competition and gain market share. Acquisitions, joint ventures and investments are seen as the short term strategies for market growth.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the North America Organophosphate Pesticides Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on North America and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a North America and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America Organophosphate Pesticides market on both North America and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to identify the regions that are still untapped