|CCPIA(China Crop Protection Industry Association) was founded in April 1982 and was one of the earliest associations in the agrochemical field in China.
Since its formation , CCPIA experienced a rapid progress , with its members increased from 45 originally to 700 now. Most of the members are enterprises , colleges, and the provincial agrochemical associations, that are related to the research, design and production of agrochemicals , including technical, formulations, intermediates, package materials, packing equipments and agrochemical application equipment, that comprise 90% of the total agrochemical production.
Responsibilities and Functions
● Assist the government in managing of agrochemicals;
● Emphasize the governing laws and regulations , and coordinate the development of manufactures accordingly;
● Report to the government regarding problems and requirements arose from the enterprises, and propose appropriate policies;
● Promote the protection of intellectual property, and defend the legal interests of the members;
● Promote self-discipline in the industry. Encourage honest operation, solve conflicts in the market, and maintain fair competition;
● Advise on export guidelines, joint venture and collaborations;
● Provide training courses on skills, techniques, management, relevant laws and regulations in the profession;
● Publish journals such as China Agrochemicals and China Crop protection Industry Yearbook, maintain the website of the pesticide industry(www. ccpia.org.cn/www.cppia.com.cn), and provide consultant services;
● Organize international technical exchanges , symposiums and exhibitions(www.agrochemex.net);
● CCPIA is devoted to promote a safe and healthy environment , the “responsible”principle(HSE), giving the enterprise a good image. CCPIA established two “China Agrochemical Industry Parks” with the cooperation of Jiangsu Rudong and Shandong Weifang in order to achieve those objectives.
● CCPIA also provides a “Rising Agrochemical Industry” scholarship in the pesticide college in CAU(China Agriculture University), to encourage the outstanding graduate and undergraduate students to engage in this industry.|